Welcome to Hedgehog Class
Please find information below on the children's learning for their last week;
English - using a selection of dinosaur poems, versus and rhymes children will be exploring new vocabulary to build into their own poems.
Maths - children will be learning about the language involved with time, time to the hour and time to the half hour.
Phonics - we will continue to consolidate all learning of phonics in order to apply spelling rules.
PSHE - we will be discussing 'changing me'.
Music - out theme this half term is reflect, rewind and replay.
PE (Tuesday) - we are hopefully doing our sports day (weather permitting).
Science- we will be revisiting the seasons and animals.
- We go outside everyday, please provide your child with the appropriate clothing to support this.
- Children need to bring water bottles to school everyday.
- children need to return their reading record books and reading books. No books will be given out over the holidays, but you will still have access to Bugclub.
- Please send in your homework book for marking, these will then be returned for children to keep at home.
- PE is Tuesday this week, please send your child in their PE kit.
- Please order your child's school dinner online.
Please email Miss Brogden with any questions:
Please have a look at the following websites to help your child with their learning:
https://www.mymaths.co.uk each week your child will be set two different worksheets that support what they have been learning in school.
https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk various books are available to support your child on their current level of reading.
English - overview to support Oak Academy videos
Please click on the links provided in the timetable to access videos for daily online Maths learning. There is a selection of worksheets that follow on in sequence from the videos, the children can complete at home.
Phonics Power Points
Safer Internet Day
From Monday 11th January, the BBC will offer every weekday on CBBC from 9am 3 hours of primary school programming. Please follow the link below for more information:
Feel Good Friday
From this week onwards there will be no registration on a Friday afternoon. This is because we are introducing wellbeing Friday. We would encourage you to take time to check through your work, go for a walk or a cycle or maybe choose to do some art. Another resource which you might find helpful is: