Well done Hedgehog class, I am very proud of how you have settled into Year 1 since the start of term. You have been working really hard in all your lessons and it has been pleasure to teach you. I am enjoying being at College Town and have been impressed by the way that you want to learn and do your best – your learning is interesting to look at and read. Keep it up Hedgehogs!
I can tell that you have enjoyed our story about Leafman by Lois Ehlert - we have been on a visit to our woodland area to collect different leaves and have made our own leaf man collage. You are beginning to write some sentences of your own about the story and can spell some of our year one words. I can’t wait to see what else you will write about.
In our maths learning we will continue to learn about numbers and place-value. The lessons will help us learn:
- One to one correspondence
- To compare objects e.g. greater than, less than, equal to
- To introduce the symbols: <, >, =
- To compare numbers
- To order objects
- To order numbers
Our PE day this year will be on a Friday. The good news is that you can come in your school PE kit in the morning and stay in it all day. You will need to wear a plain white T-shirt and black jogging bottoms; you might need a black sweatshirt to keep you warm in the winter. You can wear black trainers or plimsolls.
- To minimise the risk of lost property, we ask that all clothing items are clearly labelled with a name, including PE kit.
- Please remember to send in a named water bottle every day, we know how important it is for children to stay hydrated.
- Thank you for providing book bags, please send them in every day with the reading books and reading record book
Best wishes from Mrs Shay