In English, we are looking at the book "The Creakers" by Tom Fletcher.
In English, we will be writing a poem about what we DIDN'T do on our summer holidays .
Our English lessons will ensure children can do the following:
- Write sentences that make sense for our poems.
- Increase the legibility, consistency and quality of their handwriting.
- Draft writing by composing and rehearsing sentences while organising verses in our poems.
- Proofread and edit work by assessing the effectiveness of their own writing, suggesting improvements and proposing changes to grammar and vocabulary to improve consistency.
- Extending the range of sentences with expanded noun phrases.
- Choosing nouns or pronouns appropriately for clarity and cohesion and to avoid repetition.
Our Maths learning will be all about place value.
Our Maths lessons will ensure children can do the following:
- interpret base 10 maths using beds and dienes.
- Understand and use a place value chart to to partition numbers into hundreds, tens, and ones
We will be will learning about Light in science and hockey in P.E. We will also be starting to learn Spanish and practicing our harvest songs in music.
Friday is our PE day, so remember to come into school in your neat school PE kit. This is a College Town PE top or a plain white top with plain back shorts, leggings or tracksuit bottoms, along with a plain black jumper or hoodie. To complete the look, plain black trainer