- Write from memory simple sentences, dictated by the teacher.
- Increase the legibility, consistency and quality of their handwriting.
- Draft writing by composing and rehearsing sentences while organising paragraphs around a theme.
- Proofread and edit work by assessing the effectiveness of their own writing, suggesting improvements and proposing changes to grammar and vocabulary to improve consistency.
- Extending the range of sentences with more than one clause by using a wider range of conjunctions, including: when, if, because, although.
- Using the present perfect form of verbs in contrast to the past tense.
- Choosing nouns or pronouns appropriately for clarity and cohesion and to avoid repetition.
- Recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 3, 4 and 8 multiplication tables.
- Write and calculate mathematical statements for multiplication and division using the multiplication tables that they know, including for two-digit numbers times one-digit numbers, using mental and progressing to formal written methods
- Solve problems, including missing number problems, involving multiplication and division, including positive integer scaling problems and correspondence problems in which n objects are connected to m objects.