In English, we are looking at the book "Oliver and the Seawigs"by Philip Reeve and Sarah MaIntyre.
In English, we will be writing a fantasy narrative while we read the book "Leon and the place between" .
Our English lessons will ensure children can do the following:
- Learning to identify word classes like adverbs and adverbial phrases.
- Increase the legibility, consistency and quality of their handwriting.
- Draft writing by composing and rehearsing sentences while organising verses in our poems.
- Proofread and edit work by assessing the effectiveness of their own writing, suggesting improvements and proposing changes to grammar and vocabulary to improve consistency.
- Extending the range of sentences with figurative expanded noun phrases.
- Choosing nouns or pronouns appropriately for clarity and cohesion and to avoid repetition.
Our Maths we are finishing off our unit on measurement and will be moving on to fractions.
Our Maths lessons will ensure children can do the following:
- convert units of measure for millimetres, centimetres and meters.
- How to calculate perimeter of a shape.
We will be will learning about Forces in science and net ball in P.E. We will also be continuing our learning in Spanish. In Music we will be learning about live and recorded music drawn from different traditions and great composers.
Friday is our PE day, so remember to come into school in your neat school PE kit. This is a College Town PE top or a plain white top with plain back shorts, leggings or tracksuit bottoms, along with a plain black jumper or hoodie. To complete the look, plain black trainer
Spring 2 - Homework
Please find below some links which will support your child when completing their homework for this term.