Welcome to Badger Class
We are now into our second half-term and the build-up to Christmas is finally here! I am excited about what we are going to learn about in the next two months.
In English, we are reading a book called "Meerkat Mail". We will be reading the story, creating fact-files about meerkats and even creating our own postcards.
In maths, we will be starting to think about multiplication and division. We will be finding and creating equal groups to help us work out multiplication and division sentences.
In the afternoons we will be learning about habitats. Science will let us discover a range of environments and habitats animals are adapted to.
In music, we will be learning about different types of Christmas music, the children love this topic! PSHE is our time to think about our relationships with the people around us and how to be more respectful.
- Please make sure your child has their reading journals and a labelled water bottle in school every day and that their jumpers are clearly labelled.
- Our PE day this year will be every Thursday. Children can come to school in PE kit on Thursday and wear it all day.
- To safeguard children and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, doors and windows are kept open to provide sufficient ventilation around the classroom. Please ensure your child brings a coat during the winter months to help them keep warm while inside these rooms.
- Children have now received bookmarks with usernames and passwords for a range of educational accounts. Please help children become familiarised with using these and logging in at home as often as possible.
- Due to social distancing and safeguarding guidelines, it can be difficult to talk to me at the gate. If it is not possible and you would like to contact me, find my email details below.
A special well done to this half-term's Super Spellers and Marvelous Mathematicians! You have all demonstrated fantastic learning, we are all proud of you.