Please see below the remote learning activities for Friday 5th March and Monday 8th March. Enjoy your weekend, I can't wait to see you all on Tuesday!
Please email Mr Dale with any questions:
Welcome to Badger Class
Hello Badgers, well done for making it through lockdown! I have to say I am more than excited to see you all back in my classroom, it feels very cold and empty without 24 bubbly faces. A new term brings new opportunities and learning topics that I can't wait to share with you. A massive thank you to parents/careers who have been so understanding, all staff have appreciated your support!
In English, we will be exploring the world of letters! A personal favourite of mine, this topic lets children develop their pleasure for reading in a range of exciting lessons. Badgers will be focusing on the book 'The Day the Crayons Quit" By Oliver Jeffers.
In remote learning, we were working hard on multiplication. In March, we will be looking at shape and geometry. We will be doing things such as comparing and sorting common 2-D and 3-D shapes an everyday objects. We will also spend time describing the properties of 2-D and 3-D shapes including sides, edges, vertices and lines of symmetry.
In the afternoons, we will be learning about a new topic 'Plants". Here, children will observe and describe how seeds and bulbs grow into mature plants. We will also enjoy finding out and describing how plants need water, light and a suitable temperature to grow and stay healthy.
2021 is the perfect time for children to discuss their hopes and dreams in 2021! We will listen and share our dreams in PSHE learning and discover how could we achieve our aspirations. Also, Badgers will take time out of learning to develop social skills and confidence in a range of team building, craft and physical activities.
On Thursday we have our PE learning. This half-term the children will be pleased to hear we are teaching gymnastics. We will explore the basic skills involved in gymnastics while evaluating our progress.
- Please make sure your child has their reading journals and a labelled water bottle in school every day and that their jumpers are clearly labelled.
- Our PE day this year will be every Thursday. Children can come to school in PE kit on Thursday and wear it all day.
- Please ensure your child brings a coat during the winter months to help them keep warm while outside.
- Children have now received bookmarks with usernames and passwords for a range of educational accounts. Please help children become familiarised with using these and logging in at home as often as possible.
- Due to social distancing and safeguarding guidelines, it can be difficult to talk to me at the gate. If it is not possible and you would like to contact me, find my email details below.