Welcome to Badger Class!
Welcome back Badger class! I hope you all had a restful Christmas break and are ready and refreshed to start the Spring term! Over the next few weeks in English we will be looking at the traditional tale with a twist, Jack and the Baked beanstalk. We will be discussing the story, it's characters and finish by writing our own version! In maths we will be focusing on problem solving in the areas of place value, 2D and 3D shapes and addition and subtraction in the context of money. In topic we will start learning all about castles! We will learn about the different features, who worked there and different castles around the United Kingdom. At the end of the half term we will be going on a trip to Windsor Castle, so listen out for more information in the next few weeks!
I am looking forward to what I am sure will be a fantastic half term!
A few reminders:
- The children change their reading books on a Monday afternoon
- Our PE day is Tuesday, so please make sure the children have a fully named PE kit!
- Our Library day is Friday, so please help the children remember their books!
- Please make sure your child brings a named water bottle every day.
- Homework goes home on a Thursday, and their spelling test is on a Tuesday, please make sure the children bring their homework books in!