Welcome to Badger Class!
Welcome back! I hope you have all had a relaxing half term! We have got lots of fantastic things coming up this half term! We are moving on to a new history topic! They children will be answering the question - Who was better: Queen Victoria or Queen Elizabeth I? We will be comparing different points of their reigns and thinking about what makes a good monarch. We will also become scientists and be looking at plant growth! We also have World Book Day in the next couple of weeks, look out for photos from the day!
In English we will be writing poems, book reviews, comparing stories and writing their own version of a 'Lighthouse Keeper' book! I cannot wait to see the children's fantastic writing! In maths we will be learning to use column addition and column subtraction to help us solve addition and subtraction problems! We we also be learning about fractions, multiplication, division and time! I am looking forward to a very busy half term!
A few reminders:
- The children change their reading books on a Monday afternoon
- Our PE day is Tuesday, so please make sure the children have a fully named PE kit!
- Our Library day is Friday, so please help the children remember their books!
- Please make sure your child brings a named water bottle every day.
- Homework goes home on a Thursday, and their spelling test is on a Tuesday, please make sure the children bring their homework books in!