Welcome to Badger Class!
Welcome back after the half term break! I hope you all had a relaxing week! Another busy half term is ahead of us as we head towards the end of the year! This half term the topic will continue to be Globetrotters as we learn about more explorers. As part of this we also learn about the history of the navy. The children will learn all about the HMS Victory and the Mary Rose, ready for our trip to Portsmouth Historic Dockyards in the second week back! Look out below for photos. We will also be learning about the properties of different materials and conducting experiments to find out about their absorbency and durability. We will also complete some DT work, looking at healthy eating and making our own fruit based snack. As part of this we will walk to Waitrose to buy these ingredients. In the last few weeks we will also be looking at the artist William Turner! We will learn all about him and try to recreate one of his masterpieces!
In English we will be writing non-chronological reports, instructions, a recount about our trip and letters. The children have made fantastic progress in their writing this year so I can't wait to read the last few pieces! In maths we will consolidate our learning about multiplication, division, money, measurement and shape. We will also be solving some tricky reasoning problems!
As well as all of this we will also be practicing our play! Information will be released soon regarding performances and costumes!
I am looking forward to an exciting final half term!
A few reminders:
- The children change their reading books on a Monday afternoon
- Our PE days are Monday and Tuesday, so please make sure the children have a fully named PE kit!
- Our Library day is Friday, so please help the children remember their books!
- Please make sure your child brings a named water bottle every day.
- Homework goes home on a Thursday, and their spelling test is on a Tuesday, please make sure the children bring their homework books in!