PGL Parent Powerpoint - Please ensure medical forms are returned the first week of term.
5 Quick-Wins Before SATs
1) Rest - a good night's sleep is crucial the night before, ideally the whole weekend will be one of rest and relaxation.
2) No last-minute cramming - do a little bit (see homework sheet) of revision if it helps you relax, if it's stressing you out: STOP!
3) Breakfast - come in on Monday (and the rest of the week) well-fed. Make sure it's a breakfast that will get you through the morning (yep, the boring ones!).
4) Get a little exercise - if you can, walk to school every day next week. If this isn't an option try and do a little five-minute routine to get the blood flowing in the morning.
5) Chill - the work is done, you've done your best, just come in and show us what you've got!
PLEASE READ THIS WITH YOUR PARENTS/CHILDREN:
There has been increasing interaction between some of the children online so it seems a good time to pull together a couple of things to think about.
1) The government recommend that children are off their devices at least one hour before bed
2) Ideally, children's time online should take place in a 'shared' space
3) Many apps come with age guidance, though it may seem unnecessary, this is put in place for a reason and should be followed
4) It is sensible to be aware of your child's online activity, speak to them about it and any concerns they have
For more formal guidance about how to keep your children safe online, please go to: https://www.internetmatters.org/advice/11-13/ or https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/online-safety/
We are also becoming concerned about the amount of sleep some of the children are getting - indeed some of them are starting the day looking exhausted. Advice for children aged 10-11 is to get a minimum of 10 hours per night: https://sleepcouncil.org.uk/how-much-sleep-does-my-child-need/
Thank you for your continued support in these and all matters. Please do not hesitate to speak to one of the Y6 team should you feel the need.
Mr Tatum, Miss Cross and Mrs Channing
Homework 03/05/2019 - 10/05/2019
Homework 26/04/2019 - 03/05/2019
Easter Homework - 05/04/2019 - 26/04/2019
Homework 29/03/2019 - 5/04/2019
Homework 22/03/2019 - 29/03/2019
Homework 15/03/2019 - 22/03/2019
Homework 08/03/2019 - 15/03/2019
Homework 01/03/19 - 08/03/18
Half Term Homework - Needs to be handed in on Friday 1st March 2019
Welcome to Buzzard Class!
Hope you all had a well rested half-term, only six weeks to go till Easter Holidays. This half term will be extremely busy with this being our last full half term until the SATs. The children have returned to school in a positive way and are ready for the challenge ahead of them.
This half- term we also have our school trip to the 'Sutton Life Centre' were the children will get the opportunity to learn about how to stay safe online and also within their community. The children will also take part in a workshop around alcohol and drugs.
Buzzards will be having outdoor PE on a Friday. Please ensure all children have the correct kit in school at all times.
Can all children please ensure they have a water bottle in school with them. It is important that all children are staying hydrated.
All children need to be reading at least 3 times a week, also homework needs to be completed weekly and handed in on a Friday.
Homework is set on a Friday, with children writing the page numbers which need to be completed in their reading records. Please ensure you are supporting your child with this.
Many parents have requested some websites which they can access at home, to help with SATs practise.
Here are a few, if you need any other assistance please don't hesitate to ask.