You'll be getting used to this by now, but here goes: this week's reading task is below and the MyMaths tasks can be found on that platform. If you are struggling with anything to do with this homelearning, please speak to your class teacher by Wednesday.
For those of you with CGP books you will find a list below of the curriculum areas we have covered.
As promised, to ensure you are getting the best out of this wonderful resource, here are the areas of learning we have covered so far (new areas are in bold):
- Place Value (not including decimal numbers)
- Addition and subtraction
- Prime numbers
- Factors and multiples
- Square ands cubed numbers
- Multiplication and division
- Simplifying fractions
- Ordering fractions
- Adding and subtracting fractions
- Multiplying fractions
- Dividing fractions by whole numbers
- Multiplying or dividing by 10, 100 or 1000
- Solving calculation problems
Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling
- Word types (nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs)
- Brackets for extra information
- Words with 'ough'
- Word endings - 'able' and 'ible'
- Word endings - 'ably' and 'ibly'
- Words with silent letters
- Formal and informal writing
- Adding suffixes to words ending in 'fer'
- Word endings - the 'shus' sound
- ei and ie words
- Using ellipsis
- Commas in lists
- Commas to avoid ambiguity
- Commas after subordinate clauses
- Entirely your choice!
P.S - The answers are in the back of the books (keep an eye on them!)
Welcome to Buzzard class!
We are starting to look forward to Christmas and practising our Christmas carols. We hope that lots of you will be able to join us for our concert.
We have almost finished our guided reading book "Goodnight Mr. Tom". The book, a beautiful tale set during WW2 about a young evacuee called William who goes to stay with the gruff Mr. Tom, has really hooked the class and we have been on an amazing journey with the central characters.
We will finish off the term by watching the TV version of the book and discussing how the characters are portrayed on the television screen. Our next book will be 'Explorers' by Katherine Rundell
Our PE and library slots are on a Wednesday afternoon - (black trousers/shorts and a white top please).
Please remember to bring in your reading record each day as we do lots of reading!