Sikh Home Learning
We cannot believe that your journey in Owls is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We are extremely proud of you all and we really hope we return to a level of 'normality' ready for your start in Key Stage Two!
In English, we will be reading the book 'The Hodgeheg' By Dick King-Smith. We will be researching about hedgehogs, discovering what they enjoy eating, exploring their natural habitats and their daily activities. Badger's think of ways to help characters from the book cross the road safely, putting them into a set of instructions. Children will consider what they are going to write before beginning by planning or saying out loud what they are going to write about.
In Maths we will be learning about measurement. Together, we will choose and use appropriate standard units to estimate and measure mass (kg/g); temperature (°C) and capacity (litres/ml) to the nearest appropriate unit, using rulers, scales, thermometers and measuring vessels. Later, we will use our knowledge to compare and order lengths, mass, volume/capacity and record the results using >, < and =.
In RE we are continuing our learning about the religion of Sikhism. We will explore a range of religious stories and sacred writings and talk about their meanings. Also, we will name and explore a range of celebrations, worship and rituals in religion, noting similarities where appropriate.
Our PE focus will continue to be Athletics this half term.
- Keep an eye out on MyMaths as every week there is a new task to complete.
Mrs Drury & Mrs Attrill
Information and Reminders
- Monday and Tuesday - Mrs Attrill
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - Mrs Drury
- PE is on Thursdays - please come to school in PE kit for the day
- Reading books - please make sure they're in school every day
- We will not be attending the library for the forseeable
- Please make sure all uniform is clearly named
- Please make sure your child has a labelled water bottle in school every day