Hello Owls, we have had a fantastic first few weeks and the children have settled in beautifully. We have been keeping very busy with our learning. Here is what we will be doing in the next couple of weeks.
In English, children will be learning about the book “The Enchanted Wood”. We will be planning and writing our own acrostic poems linked to the words found in the story. Together, we will also be creating our own settings using key vocabulary and adjectives to help paint a picture of what a wood looks like.
Our Maths learning will focus on addition and subtraction. Our lessons will help children to complete the following:
- Solve problems with addition and subtraction using concrete objects and pictorial representations.
- Recall and use addition and subtraction facts to 20 fluently
- Show that addition of two numbers can be done in any order (commutative).
Afternoons in Owls will all be about the History of Flight! Together, the children will understand the lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements in flight, while comparing aspects of life in different periods.
We will also find time to talk about our topic in PSHE: being in our world. Owls will discuss how to make our class a safe space for us to learn. We will also begin to understand and describe how it feels to be proud of an achievement.
Our PE day this year is going to be a Thursday. This term is all about multi-skills. We will use a range of activities to help the children develop their competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities while promoting healthy, active lives.
- Mrs Attrill - Monday and Tuesday
- Mrs Drury- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- Please make sure your child has their reading journals and a labelled water bottle in school every day and that their jumpers are clearly labelled.
- Our PE day this year will be every Thursday.
- To minimise the risk of lost property, we ask that all clothing items are clearly labelled with a name, even PE kit items.
Mrs Drury and Mrs Attrill