We hope everyone is enjoying being back and has got in to the 'swing of things'? We have had a very busy couple of weeks and the children have been working really hard. All children have their bookmarks which show their login for Bug Club. Please help your child access this at home - feel free to ask any questions.
In English over the next few weeks we will be learning about our class animals, thinking about what they look like and how we would describe them. We will then be using the story of 'The Owl who was Afraid of the Dark' to write fact files about Barn Owls, write conversations between 2 characters, describe characters and parts of the story and retell the story in our own words. In Maths we will be thinking about Place Value and focussing on counting objects, reading and writing the numbers using both numerals and words, using different ways to represent the numbers, comparing numbers, addition and counting in 2s, 3s, 5s and 10s. In the afternoons we will be learning about making safe choices when using computers before moving on to our Science topic for this half term which will be looking at animals and their habitats and life cycles. In Music we will be learning about music from different cultures and different singing styles. In PSHE we will be thinking about our relationships with the people around us.
Information and Reminders
- Monday and Tuesday - Mrs Attrill
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - Mrs Drury
- PE will be on Thursdays - please come to school in PE kit for the day
- We will still be sending reading books home - please make sure they're in school every day
- We will not be attending the library until after October half-term
- Please make sure all uniform is clearly named
- Please make sure your child has a labelled water bottle in school every day