Strike Action 15th and 16th March 2023
Welcome To Otter Class
Welcome back! We hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year and enjoyed a rest.
This half term, the children will be writing a new chapter to follow on from the story Arthur and the Golden Rope. Already the children are super engaged in the book and like learning about the different Gods.
In maths, the children are continuing to learn multiplication and division and beginning length and perimeter. It is crucial your child is practising their times tables and going through their KIRFS.
Within our foundation lessons the children will be learning about the Anglo-Saxons in history. They will also be learning Spanish, PSHE, PE and art.
Please don't hesitate to catch up with me at any point before or after school.
- Please come to school wearing your PE kits – PE is every Tuesday
- Library visits will also be on a Tuesday.
- Mymaths homework is set every Friday, please ensure it is completed by the following Friday.
- Please practice your times tables regularly and complete MyMaths activities
- Reading records must be in school every day so we can see your reading journey. Please try to read at least three times a week at home. Parents and carers, please sign the reading record so we can see they have read to you.
Year 4 - Multiplication test
In June, your child will need to take a short online test to make sure their times tables knowledge is at the expected level, answering questions up to 12x12. As well as practicing times tables and Rockstars at school, please ensure your child is recalling multiplication facts at home too. You can find further information about the test at: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/multiplication-tables-check-development-process
Below I have attached a link to what the Year 4 times tables test will look like, this will be very useful for children to use at home: https://www.timestables.co.uk/multiplication-tables-check/