Welcome To Otter Class
We have sent home some song words for Year 4 to learn for our Christmas Carol performance in a couple of weeks. Please help your child to learn these at home. Below are the links to the songs so you can play them to help your child learn them.
Hope of Heaven Christingle song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3YB996-ohc
Holly and the Ivy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmlqJq30Q84
Twelve days of Christmas - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cjFgtgi9UQ
Welcome back, we hope you all had a lovely half term.
This half term, the children will be writing their own version of the story Lost Happy Endings and creating their own play.
In maths, the children will be finishing off their addition and subtraction unit; learning about area and starting to focus of multiples.
In science the children will be learning about sound: how it is made, how we are able to hear and how sound waves travel.
Within our foundation lessons the children will be learning about the Romans in history and taking part in a Roman day. They will also be learning Spanish, PSHE, PE, computing and art.
- Please come to school wearing your PE kits – PE is every Tuesday
- Library visits will also be on a Tuesday.
- Mymaths homework is set every Friday, please ensure it is completed by the following Friday.
- Please practice your times tables regularly and complete MyMaths activities
- Reading records must be in school every day so we can see your reading journey. Please try to read at least three times a week at home. Parents and carers, please sign the reading record so we can see they have read to you.
Year 4 - Multiplication test
In June, your child will need to take a short online test to make sure their times tables knowledge is at the expected level, answering questions up to 12x12. As well as practicing times tables and Rockstars at school, please ensure your child is recalling multiplication facts at home too. You can find further information about the test at: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/multiplication-tables-check-development-process
Below I have attached a link to what the Year 4 times tables test will look like, this will be very useful for children to use at home: https://www.timestables.co.uk/multiplication-tables-check/