College Town World Cup
Welcome to Rabbit Class
Our Christmas play; The Inn-Spectors is coming on well and we are looking forward to sharing it with you during the final week. Please remember to send back your ticket requests for the productions.
In English, we have been busy reading Can't You Sleep Little Bear and retelling it from the point of view of Little Bear. As we were writing as the character, we had to remember to use the word I instead of Little Bear - the children did very well! We are now finishing our Autumn Term with the story "Footprints in the Snow". We will be making predictions, writing an ending and creating new characters.
In maths, we have finished our addition and subtraction unit and the children have done the end of unit assessment. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding those as they have now been sent home. Our maths learning now moves to shape where we have explored 2D and 3D shapes. We have looked at 3D shapes and their properties. We will be looking at 2D shapes and their properties. We will be sorting shapes and seeing which ones we can spot in the environment.
Key information/helpful reminders:
- PE days are on Friday, so please come to school wearing your PE kit.
- We will send new reading books home on a Monday.
- Homework books will be sent home on the 4th November. Homework is optional, please ensure your child brings their homework book in this week so their new homework can be added - Homework will be due on 9th December.
- To minimise the risk of lost property, we ask that all clothing items are clearly labelled with a name, even PE kit items. :)
We have been making lots of exciting moving pictures in DT, they have learnt about all the different mechanisms which allow them to move by looking through a variety of books. In Science we have been exploring Everyday materials, the children have been sorting these into groups of materials and discussing why different objects are made from different materials depending on their strength and purpose.
We have also taken part in the College Town World Cup with Mr Norman, he has been teaching us new football skills.
Our PE day this year will be on a Friday. The good news is that you can come in your school PE kit in the morning and stay in it all day. You will need to wear a plain white T-shirt and black jogging bottoms; you might need a black sweatshirt to keep you warm in the winter. You can wear black trainers or plimsolls.
- To minimise the risk of lost property, we ask that all clothing items are clearly labelled with a name, including PE kit.
- Please remember to send in a named water bottle every day, we know how important it is for children to stay hydrated.
- Thank you for providing book bags, please send them in every day with the reading books and reading record book
Best wishes from Miss Holloway :)