Welcome to Rabbit Class
The children have had a really busy end to this first half term. We have enjoyed a very informative visit from Dinosaur Mike to reinforce our topic work on dinosaurs. We also visited Wellington Country Park where we went on a dinosaur hunt and learnt about farm animals to support our science lessons about animal classifications. Still to come before we break up is making a clay dinosaur and then creating a setting for it!
Next half term we will be focusing on a range of fiction and fantasy writing. In English we will be looking at different styles of poetry and will be writing our own senses poems based on fireworks night. For our fantasy writing weeks we will be reading Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs and making our own version of this fantasy text. Lastly, we will be focusing on the Christmas story and comparing this to Christmas stories from other cultures.
In maths, we will start by revisiting our knowledge on 2D and 3D shapes focusing on naming a range of shapes and looking at their properties. We will continue investigating place value up to 20 and start to think about how numbers beyond 10 are made up of tens and ones.
For topic we will continue to study dinosaurs, while in Geography we will start to look at using maps and positional language by making a map of our school playground. In Design and Technology we will explore mechanisms and, lastly, we will be preparing for our Christmas play, rehearsing our lines and practicing the songs that go alongside our production.
Enjoy your half term holidays!
- Please send your children to school with a labelled water bottle.
- Please ensure all clothing and belongings are labelled - it makes it much easier to reunite lost items with their owners!
- As the weather gets colder and wetter, the children will need a suitable coat.
- We have PE on Fridays - please can I ask you to send named PE kit in for your child.
- Reading and library books will be changed on Mondays