Welcome to Rabbit Class
Welcome back to everybody after your (hopefully!) relaxing Christmas holiday.
This half term we will be focusing on a range of fiction and non-fiction writing. In English we will be reading a number of the Paddington Bear books by Michael Bond. We will use the texts as a basis for exploring a number of different types of writing styles, including a book review, a postcard and a letter. We will then start to examine a range of non-fiction texts to write leaflets, fact files and posters.
In maths, we will continue to study place value, addition and subtraction up to 50, using a variety of mathematical models including 10-frames and whole-part models.
For topic we will be studying the Great Fire of London and in Science, we are looking at everyday materials and seasonal changes.
- Please send your children to school with a labelled water bottle.
- Please ensure all clothing and belongings are labelled - it makes it much easier to reunite lost items with their owners!
- As the weather is now colder and wetter, the children will need a suitable coat.
- We have PE on Fridays - please can I ask you to send named PE kit in for your child.
- Reading and library books will be changed on Mondays