Well done Rabbit class! It has been lovely to teach you and get to know all your names and personalities! You have been working so hard on your reading, writing and maths learning – including counting all the way to 100. I can tell that you have all enjoyed the story Leafman, which included a visit to our woods to collect different coloured leaves and then making a collage of your own leaf man. I have been super impressed that you can think of and write some sentences of your own. Over the next few weeks we will find out more about the Leaf man and what he gets up to.
In our maths learning we will continue to learn about numbers and place-value. The lessons will help us learn:
- One to one correspondence
- To compare objects e.g. greater than, less than, equal to
- To introduce the symbols: <, >, =
- To compare numbers
- To order objects
- To order numbers
Our PE day this year will be on a Friday. The good news is that you can come in your school PE kit in the morning and stay in it all day. You will need to wear a plain white T-shirt and black jogging bottoms; you might need a black sweatshirt to keep you warm in the winter. You can wear black trainers or plimsolls.
- To minimise the risk of lost property, we ask that all clothing items are clearly labelled with a name, including PE kit.
- Please remember to send in a named water bottle every day, we know how important it is for children to stay hydrated.
- Thank you for providing book bags, please send them in every day with the reading books and reading record book
Best wishes from Miss Holloway