As a school we provide a number of learning platforms which will be invaluable to the children at this time. There will also be expectations set out on the website for daily learning and tasks from these sites will be included.
These websites are:
Bug Club (reading), Busy Things (KS1 whole curriculum), Times Table Rock Stars (times tables) and Numbots (addition and subtraction)
If your child has misplaced their login can you please email (we will do our best to reply within 24 hours):
Miss Startup (Bug Club): firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Farrant (Busy Things): email@example.comMr Tatum (TT Rock Star/Numbots): firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Rabbit Class
Welcome back to everybody after your half-term holiday.
In English this half term, we will be reading a number of traditional stories and poems, including The Three Little Pigs, Goldilocks and the Three Bears and The Princess and the Pea. We will use the texts as a basis for exploring role play, hot-seating, letter writing and book reviews, among other things. We will then be looking at the key features of recounts and will use this knowledge to write a recount of our eagerly-anticipated trip to Legoland!
In maths, we are moving onto Measurement, including height, length, weight and volume.
For topic we will be focussing on comparisons between London and Sandhurst, exploring features of local geography, and building and evaluating our own Tower Bridge to consolidate our science unit on everyday materials. We will also be increasing our knowledge of Judaism and Easter in RE.
- Please send your children to school with a labelled water bottle.
- Please ensure all clothing and belongings are labelled - it makes it much easier to reunite lost items with their owners!
- As the weather is now colder and wetter, the children will need a suitable coat.
- We have PE on Fridays - please can I ask you to send named PE kit in for your child.
- Reading and library books will be changed on Mondays