This week's homework due Friday 26th May 2023.
Reading: The Lord of the Rings (page 18 and 19)
Please speak to your teacher by Wednesday if you require any help with your homework.
This week is, as if you weren't aware, SATs. That's right, it's finally here and boy did it come around quick. Now, everyone deals with this a little bit differently and there's no right way to do things. But, irrespective of how you manage this week here are some simple top tips:
1) Get a good night's sleep - go to bed at a good time and leave your device in different room
2) Eat a healthy breakfast every day
3) Try and walk, ride or scoot to school (if possible)
4) Go and do your best - that's all anyone can ask of you!
If you need anything or have any questions (that's parents and children) please do let me know.
Maths Practice Papers
Strike Action 15th and 16th March 2023
So, what's been happening in Red Kite class? Well, it's no exaggeration to say it is all go. Just these past two weeks we have:
- Made scones and sandwiches and eaten them in the class (photos to follow shortly)
- Made the link between fractions, decimals and percentages
- Finished The Explorer and started The Phantom Tollbooth
- Had a look at some bonafide historical artefacts (from the 60s, 70s and 80s)
- Listened to Mr Tatum go on about the 80s and 90s and how good they were
- Written a persuasive letter to try and get people to take the crisis of deforestation more seriously
- Had another round of practice SATS (papers will be coming home soon - check here for the marking schemes)
And here's what's to come:
- Perimeter, area and volume in maths
- Soon we'll be looking at adaptations and evolution in science (leading into our Natural History Museum trip)
- And all will be revealed in English
Plus of course, just around the corner is Easter!
Red Kite Class