LIBRARY BOOKS- Every Friday the children get the opportunity to choose a book from the library to read at home for the week. Library books get chosen on a Friday and need to be returned the following Friday so the children can pick a new one.
Well done Mole class I am so proud of how you have settled into Year 1 over the past few weeks. You have been working really hard in all of your lessons and it has been pleasure to teach you, particularly as I’m new to College Town. I have been impressed with your maths learning this week - counting the number that is one more and one less using a number line. You were fantastic!
I can tell that you have all enjoyed our story Leafman by Lois Ehlert- we have been on a visit to our woodland to collect different coloured leaves and then we made our own leaf man. I have been really impressed that you are beginning to write some sentences of your own. You thought of some really good ideas that tells me you will be good writers!
In our maths learning we will continue to learn about numbers and place-value. The lessons will help us learn:
- One to one correspondence
- To compare objects e.g. greater than, less than, equal to
- To introduce the symbols: <, >, =
- To compare numbers
- To order objects
- To order numbers
Our PE day this year will be on a Friday. The good news is that you can come in your school PE kit in the morning and stay in it all day. You will need to wear a plain white T-shirt and black jogging bottoms; you might need a black sweatshirt to keep you warm in the winter. You can wear black trainers or plimsolls.
- To minimise the risk of lost property, we ask that all clothing items are clearly labelled with a name, including PE kit.
- Please remember to send in a named water bottle every day, we know how important it is for children to stay hydrated.
- Thank you for providing book bags, please send them in every day with the reading books and reading record book
Best wishes from Miss Sanders